Colistimethate Sodium 4.5 MIU
In MDR Gram -ve Bacteria, Presenting the fractionated dosage which gives the benefit of time & Concentration based pharmacokinetics.
- 9MIU Colistin with 4.5 MIU maintenance dose gives advantage of concentration dependent as well as time dependent killing.
- Achieves steady state concentration faster.
- Loading dose of 9 MIU followed by 4.5 MIU BD demonstrate 82% clinical cure rate.
- Lower exposure of Colistin within 24 Hours reduces chances of Nephrotoxicity.
- Nephrotoxicity is mostly mild & reversible. Serum creatinine level returned to normal after discontinuation of therapy.
- Less frequency of administration also reduces chances of iatrogenic infections.