Tigecycline vs Minocycline
- Lower MIC as compared to Minocycline.
- Affinity to target ribosomes is 5 times more
than Minocycline therefore effective against
tetracycline resistance micro-organisms.
- High dose Tigecycline independently associated
with six fold increase in clinical cure.
- Well tolerated with no cases of discontinuation or
dose reduction because of adverse events.
- High dose used to treat MDR Klebsiella &
Acinetobacter Urosepsis resistant to other antibiotics.
- Active against multiple MDR & ESBL Pathogens.
- Active against carbapenem Resistant
Acinetobacter baumannii strains.