Use of Polymyxin B to treat Multi-resistant gram –ve infection was highly effective and associated with lower rate of nephrotoxicity than previously described.
- Intensified meropenem dosing in combination with Polymyxin-B may offer a unique strategy to kill carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (CRAB) irrespective of the carbapenem MIC.
- Polinex-B has low resistance against susceptible organisms like Pseudomonas aeruginosa, etc.
- Polinex-B Has lower MIC against susceptible organisms like lethal strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Polinex-B has shown better susceptible against Colistimethate Sodium.
- Polinex-B has better safety profile with least Nephrotoxicity in comparison with Colistimethate Sodium.