- Hepatorenal Synodrome (HRS)
- Bleeding Esophageal Varices.(BOV)
- Norepinephrine-Resistant septic shock
- Abdomenal & Pelvic Surgery
- Recommended as the First-Line vasopressor for refractory hypotension after severe sepsis or septic shock.
- Improved systemic vascular resistance (SVR) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) with less need for catecholamines.
- Reduces peak portal vein blood flow velocity (PPV) without hepatic artery vasoconstriction and improved post-operative urine output (UPO).
- Superior Over Octreotide 4.5 times greater magnitude of hypotensive effect.